The rebranding to Carbon Protocol highlights blockchain improvements from the Cosmos StarGate upgrade, and emphasise the commitment to trade and movement of digital assets.
Gaming-focused NFT Platform HeliconNFT launches this week with the goal of bringing blockchain gaming, esports, and NFT trading onto a single platform.
Envisioned as an ecosystem that combines tenets of decentralised finance with gaming, HeliconNFT allow users to create and trade Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) on the Helicon Marketplace with a 5% fee on every trade. Users can also participate in 9 different DeFi liquidity mining pools that are named after the Greek Muses to receive HeliconNFT’s currency HDT as rewards.
To bridge the gap between centralised games and decentralized NFTs, HeliconNFT plans to reach out to more than 3 billion gamers worldwide via esports and NFT events to join their Helicon Play gaming metaverse and allow them to monetise their in-game assets across different games. The team also hopes to get game developers onboard as partners within the metaverse and allow players in each game to freely interact with each other.
“With offices across North America, Singapore, Australia and the United Arab Emirates, we have partnered with the leading minds of blockchain from around the world to create a hub that will attract influencers, artists, gamers and game creators. The market for NFTs reached new heights during the second quarter of this year, with $2.5 billion in sales so far in 2021, nearly 20 times more than the $13.7 million recorded in the first half of last year. This coupled with the $159.9 billion gaming market, the opportunity is huge. Tokenization is the future, and we are really excited about what’s to come’. Said Tom Palmer, the Chief Product Officer of HeliconNFT.
To support the HeliconNFT ecosystem, 100 billion Helicon Drachma Tokens (HDT) will be issued in total. Only 10% of the tokens will be offered through public and private offerings, while the other 90% is reserved for the HeliconNFT team or added to the DeFi Liquidity pools.
HeliconNFT’s launch will coincide with Dubai’s Expo 2020 which will last from 1 Oct 2021 to 31 Mar 2022. In a bid to attract blockchain-related entities like blockchain organisations, NFT creators, programmers, and tech experts, the UAE has issued 100k golden visas which allow foreigners to live, work and study in the UAE.
Looking for more news? Check out these articles below:
- CoinShift raises $2.5M for Crypto Treasury Management
- 3 Best Cryptocurrency Exchanges To Consider In Singapore
- Independent Reserves Obtains Full Licensure from MAS